Streets and Signs is responsible for:
- Maintenance and repair of asphalt and concrete throughout the city, including streets, sidewalks, sound walls and parking lots.
- Annual Leaf Pick-up Program: From November through January, a leaf pick-up service is provided to reduce the obstruction of storm drains and the risk of flooding. Leaf pickups takes place a few days prior to the street sweep days to remove the bulk of leaves. This will allow the street sweeper to sweep the smaller debris. The leaf pick-up is for street trees only and does not include pick up of backyard debris. To find out more information, visit the Street Sweep & Leaf Pick-up Program page.
- Street Sweeping: The Streets Maintenance Division manages the contract for weekly sweeping of the Downtown Pleasanton Business District streets, City parking lots and all other streets. Streets are swept once a month on a fixed schedule based on the day of the month (i.e. first Monday, second Thursday), not on a specific reoccurring date. Residents are encouraged to move their vehicles on street sweeping days to allow the contractor sweep all areas. To find out your Street Sweep day, visit the Street Sweep & Leaf Pick-up Program page.
- Signs: The Sign Shop team fabricates, installs, and maintains the city’s traffic control signs, and provides signage for the city’s numerous special events throughout the year. It also paints curbs, pavement lines, and legends on the city’s streets. All red, yellow, and green curbs and city parking lots are repainted annually.
- Street Lights: The division manages the contract for street light maintenance and repair services.
Streets and Signs Maintenance Division
Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
(925) 485-9345 Fax
3333 Busch Road
Pleasanton, CA 94566