The Pleasanton Library is offering free workshops for high-school students, aimed at addressing the unique concerns that oftentimes affect new and incoming students. These workshops are a great way for high-school kids to begin to develop an action plan for their high-school career.
Called "Jumpstart to a Successful School Year," these workshops will provide real-time and long-term solutions for a successful school year and college planning. The series will include advice on how to:
• learn where to go for help and support on campus
• join clubs and organizations on and off campus that explore areas of interest
• develop healthy relationships
• align high school courses with college majors, scholarships
• identify strengths and career/college choices
• prepare for pre-admission testing for college ….without a lot of stress and instructions on constructing a career and academic portfolio—provided by CareerTrackPlus.
The workshop run from 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM on September 2nd and September 9th.
There will also be games and prizes!
To register FOR FREE contact the Teen Services Librarian, Teresa Parham at 925.931.3404.
Follow us on Twitter @pleasantonca
( View PDF )